Another Review

Hey guys. Well, yesterday wasn't that bad being in zombie mode most of the day. What got done was Gaia Online, Library Book 1, Anime Music Video, Clean Out E-mail, Clean Hallway, Clean Bathroom, Laundry, and Go To Grocery Store.

So, like promised, I'll get to that book review.

















So, you know that obnoxious environmental friend you have. The one that's on your butt 24/7 about how green you are. They wrote a book. Overall, I hate the book. I felt like I was listening to my environmental science teacher from last year again say stuff when she clearly has no idea what she's talking about, and occasionally have some good advice on going green. Now personally, I believe everyone should go green, I don't want to live or have my children live in a s*** hole. And I go nuts when things aren't done efficiently, so if your plastic bottle could be reused or recycled, it makes this more efficient. But some of this advice is clearly meant to be for the every man when it shouldn't. Like when they mention how newstands throw out 60% of their magazines. Well, maybe they should cut their order in half if they aren't sold! But that's advice for the newstand owners not the everyman filling out a subscription, which, wouldn't that make the waste worse? But as I said, every once in a while you'll get some good advice, like signing up with a program that gets rid of the junk mail you don' read anyway and save some of that paper and trees for at least something more useful. I didn't even feel like the interviews with celebrates were real. A) Why would Cameron Diaz, if that is her real name, mention over and over again how selfish she is? not to mention B) Why would anyone move from Japan to China, that's the equivalent of someone from America moving to Mexico.

But overall, this book does spout out some good advice every once in a while, no matter how many times they beat it into you're skull. I think they think you'll skip sections particularly pertaining to you. But you could find most of this advice online and very easily. I'd only recommend this book if it's at your local library or you can find it cheap used, but overall, I wouldn't spend the money or recycled paper.


Well, now that that's out of the way, off to work.

ideas for fundraisers

Free
thermometers

to track your green
fundraisers


List for today:
Gaia Guild Updates
Writing: Book
Writing: Play
Writing: Script
World of Warcraft 1/2 Leveling
Library Book 1
Library Book 2
Library Book 3
Library Book 4
Brushing Teeth
Chain Mail
Money Making
Anime Music Video
AnimeNext Panels
Ballet DVD
Violin Practice
Sewing
Shower
Spring Cleaning Phase 2
Spring Cleaning Phase 4
Spring Cleaning Phase 5
Spring Cleaning Phase 6
Spring Cleaning Phase 7
Spring Cleaning Phase 8
Spring Cleaning Phase 9
Spring Cleaning Phase 10
Spring Cleaning Phase 11

Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment