Bad Day Yesterday

Hey guys. As my title said, I had a bad day to get things done, for whatever reason, I just couldn't get myself to get things done. All that got done was my library book reading.

And speaking of library book reading.



















































I recently finished the book by Julie Morgensten, Organizing from the Inside Out. Upon reading this book, I discovered that since I've been making an attempt to beat my procrastination habit, I've been, for the most part, organized, excluding some areas I never touch in the first place. But this book has given me some nice tid bits for the first day of summer when I start my Summer Cleaning. Such as dividing areas like my sewing desk and my computer desk or my room in general into work/activity zones. At some point I need to make a list of all my Home Businesses ideas, such as making and selling chain mail and my Webcomic in pre-production, all the scripts I have ideas for, and all the books I need to get back to writing. She suggests a several step plan-attack-revise set plan. First asking yourself in each individual room, what's working, what's not working, what items are essential to you, and why do you want to get organized? She also suggests working on things like the floor first, even if they end up in the closet, and the closet last. Among those questions are also, what's causing the problems which she lists the common mistakes that makes organizing a nightmare. (I've had to explain to my friend if she dresser is to hard to open, she simply wont, especially when she's tired) And then she has her plan of attack called SPACE, Sort, Purge, Assign A Home, Containerize, Equalize. Sort is pretty self explanatory, sort everything into categories that makes sense to you, like DVDs by Genre/Year/Director/Editor/Mood. Purge, she suggest, dose not mean get rid of everything, and even has a no brainier list, like coupons that are expired, food that doesn't look good to you now, why would it later? Assign a home is just picking a place that is logical in your activity zone, such as sewing stuff is by the sewing machine. Containerize, while sorting you should have made note of exactly how mcuh room you need for everything so you can fit it in the proper container. Equalize, basically, daily, weekly, monthly, biyearly tune ups. She goes into further detail giving advice for specific rooms. I'll probably be trying to take this book out again or purchasing this book as I get closer to June 21, which is the first day of summer. I highly recommend this book either for a complete overhaul of a failed system, or a tune up.

List for today:
Hiragana/Katakana/Vocabulary Practice
Gaia Guild Updates
Writing
Webcomic Writing
Violin For Dummies
Library Book
World of Warcraft Emblem / Leveling
Brushing Teeth
Japanese Study
Japanese Homework
Computer Literacy Homework
TV Production Homework
Public Speaking Homework
Shower
Belly Dance DVD
Clean Out E-mail

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment