The Time Machine

Hey guys. Well yesterday could have gone better.

What got done: Library Book 1-5, Reading Book 1&2, Hiragana&Katakana Practice.

So I did finish one of my library books yesterday so I'll post a quick review.



Let me start off by saying, of course it's hard to review a classic, they wouldn't classics if they weren't good right? Keep in mind, I freaking hate, dripping poison from my mouth, hate The Great Gatspy. So to some audiences not all books are created equal. Now let me start off by saying this book has a very odd writing style used. By that I mean the main character, who is never given a name nor is anyone else, is simply recounting the events to his dinner guests about his travel through time. So the book is just one long way he's telling his tale with no one interrupting him or asking questions. To me, the main problem with telling a story like this is that it gives for a lot of writer's quickies. "I can't possibly describe", "I can't recall", and "You can imagine". To me when I am reading this in a book, it's the biggest dual edge sword on the planet. On the good side, it allows for the reader to pop in their own imagination and allow the reader to join in on it. On the bad side, it can be seen as rather lazy and unimaginative. But overall I did really enjoy the story and the world that admittedly due to the books popularity gave way to tropes that are now a bit cliched. It's a super light read as well, the copy I have is only 128 pages in a tiny book. Awful easy to say "Unabridged" when your story is that freaking short. Overall, I highly recommend.

I am posting really late so I really should get to it.

Back-Up Rewards: 25

List for today:
Writing: Book
Writing: Play
Writing: Script
Writing: Short Story
Etsy Teams
Etsy Products
Etsy Advertisements
Library Book 1
Library Book 2
Library Book 3
Library Book 4
Reading Book 1
Reading Book 2
Brushing Teeth
Money Making
Job Search
Step Aerobics
Curls
Practice Violin
Work On Art
Sewing
Wig
Drunken Pixie Planning
Contact Juggling
LARP Songs
Clean Room
Shower
Winter Cleaning 1
Winter Cleaning 2
Winter Cleaning 3
Winter Cleaning 5
Winter Cleaning 6
Winter Cleaning 7
Winter Cleaning 8
Winter Cleaning 9
Winter Cleaning 10
Winter Cleaning 11
Winter Cleaning 12
Winter Cleaning 13 

Winter Cleaning 14

Wish me luck. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment